Digital strategy in the past years only involved a website. But as technology evolves and more and more people go online, the objective for most businesses starts shifting from going online to going viral through social media. One of the most popular social networking sites that brand and company owners take advantage of is Twitter.
What makes Twitter popular is that it makes connecting people a lot easier and faster. Here are some winning Twitter strategies that you can take advantage of as a business owner.
Your followers will give you the power to virally spread whatever you have to say that interests them. Thus, get as many people as you can to follow you! So, how do you get people to follow you? Here are simple ideas that will help you gain more followers:
- Tweet about interesting stuff. Don’t just blurt out any random idea, but make people think.
- Share fascinating links that provide fascinating information. May it be a YouTube video or a funny photo from Flickr, make sure that you will draw attention from other Twitter users.
- Follow and they will follow back. You can’t expect to get millions of followers without doing anything, can you?
- Use popular hashtags (or keywords that begin with the # sign). This is used for search purposes, such that when users want to read tweets about a certain topic, yours will show up.
- Make it personal. Reply to DMs and @ messages. Retweet if necessary. This would tell your followers that you are a true person and not some bot with auto replies and features.
Connect with influencers on Twitter
More than your friends and ordinary Twitter users, try to get key influencers to follow you, as well. Follow influential people on Twitter with good credibility and online reputation so they will follow you back. More importantly, engage in conversations with them. Ask questions, reply to theirs, and retweet what they say, especially those that are worth sharing.
Get retweeted often
Say something smart and worth sharing and your influential followers will retweet what you said. Influencers’ followers tend to retweet, as well, so your message goes viral.
Share links of new and interesting web content.
Aside from driving traffic to your web page, sharing URLs on Twitter will give your tweets quality and value. However, make sure not to spam your followers with nonsense links, as this might cause them to unfollow you, and we don’t want that to happen.
Make use of the power of hashtags (#)
If you want to start a long thread about a topic or event, add a keyword with a hashtag “#” to your tweets. People can use Twitter search to display all posts with the hashtag and your tweets can be easily seen.
Most importantly, engage. Build relationships, communicate, and reach out to people. Spend time browsing through your account and interacting with your followers. Power and authority will be difficult to achieve if your followers could not reach out to you.