Content for relevance and authority
A lot of people all over the world are looking for information at any given second on the Internet. Most of them would probably go to the search engines to begin their search for information. As a website owner, you might be wondering: “How do I get on the first page of this search engine?”
The answer is simple: SEO or Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a process which helps your website meet the standards and requirements of every single search engine before it can be listed on its SERPs or Search Engine Results Page.
One of the more important optimization techniques is called content or article writing. A lot of website owners take this for granted because they think that people, or even search engines, don’t pay attention to their website’s content. In reality, your website’s content plays a big part in your search engine rankings and you really want to know how to write SEO content for search engines.
How can I make my content stand out in the search engines?
I am going to point out 5 important processes in article writing that will not only help with your rankings, but also turn your website into an online authority figure:
- Get original content – Search engines despise duplicate content. Most people make the mistake of copying and pasting articles from different websites into their website to make it look like it’s packed with information. Search engines usually check for duplicate content by using CopyScape, software which allows you to check for copies of your work online.
- Keyword density should be moderated – This is another mistake that new website owners make and search engines hate. The phrase “More is better” doesn’t apply because search engines would deem content with tons of keyword repetitions as spam and you’re more likely to be booted to the last page of its SERPs. At most, you should repeat your keywords three times for a 500-word article; follow the 1% or 3% keyword density rule.
- Write relevant articles – Search engines will always value relevance and it is one of the most important factors of ranking in the SERPs. If you have a home improvement website, your articles should be related to anything about home improvement, whether it’s about painting, fixing the gutters, plumbing tricks and more.
Content writing for optimization
SEO involves 2 processes – On-Page and Off-Page. Off-Page focuses on building link popularity or getting inbound links from other websites while On-Page focuses more on optimizing your website through your HTML Meta and ALT tags, H1 headings, and your content.
Your website’s articles can greatly contribute to your website’s ranking in the search engines. Here are 4 important tips on how you can write SEO content successfully.
- Do the research – Keyword research allows you to look for potential keywords using a variety of tools (Market Samurai, Google Adwords, etc.). This is very important because keywords are the words or phrases used by people for their queries on the search engines.
- Moderate the keywords – Once you’ve done enough keyword research, it’s important to know that you cannot simply stuff your articles with all the keywords you found. This is a very bad idea, frowned upon by majority of the search engines. Keyword density, as marketers call it, should be at a minimum of 1% and a maximum of 3%, regardless of how many words your article has.
- Use the keywords properly – Keywords can sometimes stick out of an article like a sore thumb because of its structure. For example, a keyword can look like an improper sentence or phrase like “home improvement stores Nevada”. You need to know how you can fit the keywords into the sentence so it will look like it’s actually part of the sentence.
- Write for people – Most people make the mistake of writing for computers and not for people. Remember, there’s always a chance that your articles on your website are being read by potential customers, so why waste your website’s real estate by placing articles that don’t even make sense? When potential customers read your articles, they’ll think that you really know what you’re doing and in the end, this traffic will be converted into sales or a lead.
Content writing has a tendency to be overlooked because it can be tedious to write articles about a boring topic. However, with enough perseverance, it can be rewarding for both your business and website.
You can easily purchase high quality articles from various service providers within or outside your country. You can also do it yourself if you are confident with your writing ability.